Leanne

Default First time in the Keys

I've seen boats launched and hauled in Marathon at Marathon marina.
That's where the CG had one of their little boats hauled. I don't
know if they have car parking or if it is the best in price though.

A picture of the lift is at
http://www12.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/2e650/#TL

I was thinking about the marina where US 1 crosses the waterway just before Key
Largo. I wonder if they might have the facilities they were looking for. I have
not been that way by boat, but have driven the Keys in the RV several times
visiting friends in Marathon and then going to Key West.

Rosalie, I was reading about your trip south in 2000. I used to do some work at
the Dataw Marina a few years ago. If you look at various maps going back over a
hundred years, it is spelled about four different ways. My home marina is Port
Royal Landing right at the fixed bridge south of downtown Beaufort. We usually
get an early start and make it to the Herb river is our first stop and the Wahoo
the next.

Leanne
S/V Fundy

grandma Rosalie