Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Running Fix

Brian Whatcott wrote:
jeff wrote:
we have had absolutely no desire to work since returning. Fortunately
all of our assets are in real estate and the stock market, so our
future is secure!

I guess that was intended as a 'sad but true' kind of epilog to the
adventure?

Thanks for sharing.

BrianW

Well, its not that bad - our house is in a prime location so its value
has held up well, especially compared to locations we are considering
for our final retirement in about 4 years. The stock market lesson is
obvious with hindsight: at the moment you think you have "enough,"
diversify into stable investments.

In an effort to live within our new budget, we do not have a "home
marina" for the summer. The last several summers we've spent 8+ weeks
traveling on the boat, so a slip for the couple of weeks we were home
was a huge luxury. Now we'll have to minimize our "home time" and spend
almost the whole summer aboard. Life is rough!

One odd thing is that our boat, which depreciates 5-10% a year was
actually our best investment last year!