cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Running Fix

jeff wrote:
cavelamb wrote:
Dave wrote:
On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:27:03 -0600, cavelamb
said:

got to go to Block Island!
Always wanted to go there.

It is indeed a very nice stop. Gets very crowded, though. Our club
keeps a
mooring there for members.

Some day (in the hopefully not to distant future) we are going to cast
off from
our normal mundane lives, and sail up the ICW to "Down East".

Then turn around and run for our lives from the cold!

It should be a whale of a trip.

I keep telling myself that. And self keeps saying, yeahbut first we
have to
blah blah blah.

I think to make this thing happen, I'm going to have to quit listening to
that part of myself and just load up and go.

That's the only way anybody ever actually breaks loose, isn't it.

My wife and I went through the same thing before our year-long ICW trip.
People asked if it was scary to quit our good jobs and just take off,
but as the time approached I realized it was scarier to think that 20
years hence we might look back and realize that we had the opportunity
and never did it!

For details of the trip: www.sv-loki.com/The_Trip/the_trip.html

BTW, one slightly unexpected issue with taking a long sabbatical is that
we have had absolutely no desire to work since returning. Fortunately
all of our assets are in real estate and the stock market, so our future
is secure!

Fascinating story there, Jeff.
Kinda neat to watch the kids grow up.

so were is Summer '08?