Glenn Ashmore

Default Boat Show Shoes?

Rosalie B. wrote:

Having used Tyvek booties, I would be concerned that they would be
slippery which wouldn't be good on a boat. My husband slipped on some
aluminum dust that was on his shoes (due to putting in mast steps) and
fell down the companionway into the main saloon dislocating his
shoulder. Plus were you thinking that people would wear them from
boat to boat? They'd get just as dirty as shoes.

Even socks are slippery unless you put non-skid on them, which would
rachet the cost up.

The ones I was thinking about have a soft knobby grip surface on the
soles. I got a box for the boat shed 'cause when we were glassing the
hull the shed floor was awash in epoxy. They worked really well until
the epoxy started setting up. Then the problem was definitely not
slipping. It was moving. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com