Tim Rulon

Default Radio Fax Weather Sources for South Pacific

Geoff,

Recommend you also visit http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/home.htm
for lot's of information about marine weather.

"Geoffrey W. Schultz" wrote in message
4.17...
Thanks for that advice. I'm actively off looking for other charts as we
speak (urr...type)!

-- Geoff

(Jim Woodward) wrote in
om:

I should add a standard comment -- that you look at charts other than
NOAA/NIMA and BA. Most seafaring countries have charting agencies --
the major ones chart the whole world, the minor ones only their own
waters.

In particular here, the SHOM (French) charts of French Polynesia are
much more recent and offer much more comprehensive coverage than
either NIMA or BA. AFAIK the only USA stocking agent is Captains
Nautical, in Seattle
http://www.captainsnautical.com/

You will also want to look at Fiji and New Zealand charts.

Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

"Geoffrey W. Schultz" wrote in message
04.17...
This winter I'll be headed through the Canal and off to French
Polynesia and then to New Zealand for hurricane season. I'm not sure
what sources I'll have for radio weather faxes. Who transmits what
and on what frequencies/times/etc? Are their web sites that I can
preview what I can see what they're transmitting?

Thanks, Geoff