cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Running Fix

wrote:
On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:57:21 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Joe wrote:

Hi Joe!
How ya been?

On Feb 13, 10:32 am, cavelamb wrote:

I think to make this thing happen, I'm going to have to quit listening to
that part of myself and just load up and go.
What is that part of yourself telling you?

Probably what we call the "sensible" self.

The part that notices that most people don't do crazy adventurous stuff any
more. It's so much safer, cheaper, and comfortable to stay home and watch
crazy people have their adventures on TV.

I can't attribute correctly, but I recall someone quoted as saying an
adventure was someone *else* suffering from their foolishness thousands of
miles from home - or something to that effect.

Two takes on adventu

"The difference between an ordeal and an adventure is attitude"
- Robert Lipkin

"An adventure is a disaster that works out okay"
- unknown

Copy that *both* of 'em!