Don W

Default Birds nests in sail folds??

Steve,

We had a similar problem on our Catalina, and ended up using bungees
to close off the ends of the sail cover. That kept the birds out of
the sail.

YMMV,

Don W.

Doug Dotson wrote:
Steve,

Keep the sail cover on and keep it tight. We also had a problem with
birds in the boom. My SO made a cover for the end of the boom
made of Textilene. Allows the boom interior to dry but keeps birds
and wasps out. No silver bullet here.

Doug

"Steve" wrote in message

I know the answer to this question is to do more sailing or less time with
the sail covers off.

This happened last spring but only came to mind (rainy day).

The problem started back in May/June and at first involved some small

birds

trying to make nests inside my alum. boom.