posted to rec.boats.electronics
Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Capacitors for RF ground

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:46:20 GMT, Bruce in alaska
wrote:

In article ,
(Richard Casady) wrote:

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 19:50:40 +0000, Larry wrote:

...60 amps or so into a 15 ohm vertical tower 1/4 wave high.
Those capacitors are simply HUGE!

Biggest I ever saw were part of a computer power supply. About three
by ten inches. One Farad at low volts.

Casady

Not the same animal..... RF Caps like Larry is talking about are
NON-Electrolytic NON-Polarized......

When I was a kid we had an electrolytic, rather three in the same can.
We paralleled them, twisted three wires together solder, repeat.
We would charge it up with a 90 volt battery and kill guppies. The
leads were 3/4 in apart and we would straddle the fish with the leads.
Also blew holes in aluminum foil. I caught a friend of my kid brother
about to put the leads in a wall socket. Should have let him do it.

Casady