Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default rigging wire

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:55:47 -0500, hpeer wrote:

OK, while we are at it lets clarify what we are talking about when we
say "Galvanized Wire." Most (all?) of it is 7-strand. It comes in a
variety of dimensions and grades. It is important to understand that
not all "galvanized" wire is the same.

I checked out a cable company website. They have wire rope, galv, and
stainless. No seven strand,they had7x7 and 7x19, and maybe 19x7.
Roebling the guy who built the Brooklyn bridge, invented cable with
three sizes of wire, to have less wasted air space, and be rounder.
They sell it today.

Casady