Tim Tim is offline

Default Thank you Capt. Francis!

it was a pleasure to talk with you this afternoon. you gave me a lot
of insight on the boat in question. and I DO MEAN QUESTION!

When I said it was a 1994 "Bass Tracker"
you took it that I meant "Tracker" and asked me if it was welded or
riveted. I thought hmmm maybe he's talking about the engine support or
something like that. annd I had previously mentioned that the "gel
coat" was fine and not hazy or blotchy. PLUS this has a 150 hp Yamaha,
and you said that's an odd engine for that boat. Again I said the guy
told me he had "ordered" it that was, and I could tell you still had
some puzzled thoughts but obviously giving the benefit of the doubt.
OK, Tom, you really didn't pick up on the means of the conversation,
but I did. after a bit of thought, I had a feeling that something
wasn't right, so I went to Trackers site, and iBoats , went to 1994
and looked at the boats and options. NO WAY WAS THIS CRAFT A TRACKER!

From the best I can tell, this unknown thing is a "Skeeter" or san
older "Ski 'n Fin" or something like that. It IS fiberglass, and
doesn't resemble anything that Tracker ever made.

I don't know this guy personally, and I don't know the boat because
it's over in a town 18 mi. away. Granted, I did go look at it, and I
did ask him some medeocre questions, but I actually think this is some
dolled up (home-built) , with a nice, professionally made but bogus
"BassTracker" decal on it.

I'm deffinately going to pass, but I'm going to call him this evening
and ask some questions.

Not wanting to jump the proverbial gun, but this smells rotten and it
ain't in Denmark either.

Thanks Tom!