Default Main halyard winch, 1sp. or 2sp?

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:07:20 -0400, "Armond Perretta"
wrote:

Without looking it up I think Wally Ross has some tables for this (my
sailing books are still in boxes 3 moths after the move to a new house).

Anybody know if Wally Ross did or contributed to any other sailing
books? I am lucky enough to own a first edition of "Sail Power" (1975)
and it is the best book I've ever read on the subject, particularly as
I have a '73 cruiser-racer, and all the latest state of the art gear
pictured in Ross's book looks like my deck! G

Anyway, a great and still-relevant book, even if most of the racing
tweaks have been superseded by rule/class changes and gear
improvements. Read Ross's book, "Heavy Weather Sailing" and a copy of
Don Street's "The Ocean Sailing Yacht" and you won't go far wrong in
my opinion.

R.