Keith

Default New style (spin on) Raycor (diesel) fuel filters

That's right... just like an oil filter change. Be sure to get the special
wrench to remove the bowl from the old cartridge. You can do it with a
couple of oil filter wrenches, but you'll bust a lot of knuckles and cuss a
lot.

The thing you have to think about is the cost. The spin-on elements are a
lot more expensive than the cartridges. I have a Racor 900 as my first
filter, but replaced that dual cartridge filter setup on the Lehman with a
spin-on Racor. Since I use 2 micron in both, the final filter shouldn't have
to be changed nearly as much, and I just HATED changing out those dual
cartridges. I could NEVER get them on without leaking for at least two
tries.

--

Keith
__
"Roy G. Biv" wrote in message
om...
these are really nice, I always try to drain the bowl......

http://www.defender.com/cgi-bin/Web_...ta log=301012

Marc Auslander wrote in message news:...
My old Raycor with its replaceable element has failed. What I see now
in the catalogs are units with spin on filters.

With the old style, when you removed the old filter, the fuel stayed
in the bowl. Put in a new filter, top up, and close it. The old
filter had almost no fuel in it, and it took almost nothing to top up.

How do the new units work? I'm imagining a procedure similar to an oil
filter replacement, except that after I remove the old, I have to fill

the new
one with fuel.