posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce[_3_] Bruce[_3_] is offline

Default Capacitors for RF ground

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 08:26:10 -0500, Michael Porter
wrote:

Can anyone (Larry?, Bruce?) help with a spec for capacitors for RF
ground for a HF radio? I want to keep the DC away from the (aluminum)
boat.Thanks,
Michael Porter
Michael Porter Marine Design
mporter at mp-marine dot com
www.mp-marine.com

I did look into capacitor grounding some time ago and whoever I talked
to said shove a bunch of capacitors in parallel into the system. This
was based on having enough parallel capacitors to carry the signal
amperage as well as voltage. I asked whether impedance was important
and was told "probably not as long as you have enough capacitance."

Larry will probably have more to say on the subject....
Cheers,

Bruce