Kelton Joyner

Default Cruising Cuba

Actually the House bill does not allow remove the restrictions on the
travel to Cuba. What the bill did was to remove funding for the
ENFORCEMENT of the restrictions from the various agencies. So if they
don't have the money to catch you, then are you free to go to Cuba?
They could still have money for SELECTED enforcement.
krj

Messing In Boats wrote:
No, but the US House just voted yes on a bill to allow travel to Cuba. I
have no word on a companion Senate bill, but brought it to the attention
of my senator, who usually votes exactly opposite of how I think he
should.

I'm currently trying to get permission from the Treasury Department for
a trip there in March of 2004. You can check out the rules on
http://travel.state.gov/cuba.html

I'm also very interested in getting advice from others who know more
about this than I.