Zombie of Woodstock Zombie of Woodstock is offline

Default ON TOPIC: TV TONIGHT....

On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 00:25:49 GMT, (Richard
Casady) wrote:

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 23:34:37 GMT, Wizard of Woodstock
wrote:

National Geographic Channel at 8 PM - the building of an Artic ice
breaker and cargo ship.

Should be very interesting.

They built a fair sized tanker with an icebreaker bow. The SS
Manhattan was the only commercial ship to traverse the Northwest
Passage, in 1969.

This one documented the build out of the first Aker Arctic CS 650
class container vessel for ore transportation out of the Arctic.
Fascinating in that the CS 650 class vessel breaks heavy ice stern
first or light ice bow first. It uses a huge azipod for propulsion
and can turn inside of it's own length.

Very interesting show.

--

"I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great
many things, and I have succeeded fairly well."

Robert Benchley