Eisboch[_4_] Eisboch[_4_] is offline

Default Small business health insurance

"HK" wrote in message
m...

Eisboch wrote:

Business (other than health insurance companies) should not be in the
health insurance business, either as a provider or an administrator of a
group plan. Period. They are forced to be under the current system in
order to be competitive in terms of benefits. I designed and built thin
film vacuum deposition systems for optics. What do I know about current
health insurance programs, or what is best for individuals and their
families? Very little, yet I was forced to choose and employ people just
to administer the program. I think people should be able to choose their
own plan and coverage, depending on their individual needs. The cost of
premiums for individual plans should be part of the employee's
compensation package.

Eisboch

But it isn't.

BTW, this is one of the reasons I am in favor of some sort of national
health care program or standard. I am not talking about a one-payer system
or having the government in charge of providing care.

The problem we have right now is that each state determines their own health
care requirements imposed on businesses. The result is that a company in
MA, for example, that has a comprehensive (and expensive) plan ends up
competing for a contract with a company in another state that does not
require employers to administer or offer health plans. Health insurance
premiums are a large cost of doing business, and getting more expensive
every year.

Having a national standard would level the playing field and eliminate the
cost as a factor when competing for projects.

Eisboch