thunder thunder is offline

Default Will it be called...,'ECOMCON'?

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 19:27:02 -0500, BAR wrote:

http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=45640

You don't get to be a 4 star general officer without knowing a little
bit about politics and making friends on Capital Hill and the various
states with large military bases and defense contractors.

And you don't get to stay a 4 Star by undermining your CIC. ;-)

Personally, I don't understand the resistance to Obama's 16 month
withdrawal. The Status of Forces agreement has us out of the cities by
June, and out of Iraq in 36 months. Al-Maliki states an earlier
withdrawal if OK by him. The Sunnis seemed concerned by our leaving, but
there seems to be an effort to address their issues. I mean, Iraq is
looking relatively stable, though fragile, and we can use the manpower in
Afghanistan, where things look to be going downhill.