jps jps is offline

Default Small business health insurance

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:38:26 -0800 (PST), Frogwatch
wrote:

My thoughts on the concept of health insurance:
I really do not think the health probs of my employees is my business
except I want them to get work done. I got no problem if thye get
sick and take weeks off as long as they make it up or work at night or
weekends or any other time. There are timetables for stuff that have
to be met though.
I do offer to pay the premium on an 80/20 policy ($1000 deductible)
from IEEE but only one guy takes me up on that, the rest get their
insurance through spouses.
Frankly, I do not think their health insurance is my business at all
because I cannot get a policy that will meet the needs of every
employee. They are more likely to get a policy that meets their needs
on their own, I also cannot get any better rate for them than they
can get themselves. Consequently, having me buy a standard policy for
them simply adds cost and gives them a policy that is less beneficial
than they could get for less on their own.

There is no way an individual policy could provide the coverage at the
same cost as a group policy, no matter the number of employees.

I've been tracking this for close to 20 years and have to deal with it
at the end of each year.

Your approach to your employees is short-sighted, akin to oxen tilling
your fields. You must have easily replaceable employees who you don't
care about personally.

Not a surprise given your political views.