Rosalie B.

Default Was Corned beef hash -Now crabs

x-no-archive:yes "Keith" wrote:

$200 a bushel for non-bay crabs? Heck, maybe I should ship ya'll some of our
Texas blue crabs... A couple of chicken necks and some nets and I'll have
'ya a bushel in no time. If you like hunting more than fishing, just walk
down the piers and if you walk real quiet, you can scoop them off the
floats.

When we moved to Louisiana (in 1960) we found blue crabs were
incredibly cheap there compared to the Chesapeake. Of course we had
to get my MIL to ship us some Old Bay - all they had there on the Gulf
was Crab Boil or Shrimp Boil. Yuk.

There is a blue crab drought in the Chesapeake this year - it isn't
always like this. We are paying about $30 a dozen for cooked hard
crabs here close to the source, and it's much more up in Baltimore.

grandma Rosalie