Joe Wood

Default Corned beef hash - A provisioning question

Larry W4CSC wrote:

Y'all boys stop by.....We'll drop the crab trap off the end of the
finger pier and have some lunch. What do live blue crabs sell for in
Manhattan?....?? Damned things are crawlin' up the pontoons on the
docks, here.

Here in Maryland the crabs are scarce. They're getting $200 a bushel
for non-Bay crabs and $32 a pound for picked crab meat.

As for the crabs climbing up the pontoons. You may be having a dead sea
condition where the algae uses up all the dissolved oxygen. that is
unless you're just funnin' us. We've had several large fish kills here
on the bay this year and instances of the crabs coming out of the water
gasping for air.

See: http://www.cbf.org

Joe Wood