Marc Heusser[_2_] Marc Heusser[_2_] is offline

Default laptops

In article ,
"Capt. JG" wrote:

Do you think it can run XP? I can't stand any of the earlier ones, and I can
barely tolerate XP. I won't install Vista. I'd use linux, but that limits
the PC apps.

The new Intel Macs (everything sold now) run XP really well, eg the
currently cheapest MacBook (the white one), and they are rather tough
(polycarbonate shell).
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...ok?mco=MTE3MzM
Of course, a second hand one is fine as well.
You can boot them in XP just fine.

Or you can run Mac OS X, of course with less selection, but still a few
very useful apps for navigation.

They also triple boot Mac OS X, Windows XP, Ubuntu (for example) if you
like.

HTH

Marc

--
remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail
http://www.heusser.com