Jim749293432 Jim749293432 is offline

Default Pulled the trigger on a new...

Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
Mac desktop. Supposedly there are new models coming out sometime
soon, but nothing rumored about the still vaporware models seemed
that significant to me, although they will be to others, I suspect,
who are more into computer games and heavy duty graphics and math
processing.

Also snagged a beta of Windows 7, which just about anyone can do via
Microsoft's open beta for at least the short term, and burned it onto
a DVD. It'll be the "alternatve" OS on the new Mac. I run Vista as
the alternative on my Macbook Pro, works fine.

And my old desktop machine is now updated and "ready" to be
"server-ized."

Is Windows 7 designed to be an upgrade from Vista, or is it strictly
a completely new OS install?

Eisboch

Windows 7 is a completely new OS, but is really just a improvement over
Vista, vs a major upgrade. It is basically Windows Vista with the
memory hog problems solved and to improve on the Windows Security system
so it will not be as aggravating. It is designed to be what Vista
should have been and suppossedly will run faster than both Vista and XP
on similar machines.

I think the MAC is a great machine, but I will be waiting on Windows 7
SP1 to upgrade my computer.

I have 3 machines with XP SP3 on them and they all have Windows 7.0 on
them. What exactly is Vista? What exactly is Windows 7.0? Did M-soft
slip Vista into my systems without my knowlege?