JohnH

Default Speaking of caulking ...

On 05 Sep 2003 15:08:07 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

I didn't think it was a proper windlass because I still have to manually
store the rode in the thingy in the deck. I feed it through that hole that
has the funny name. Hawse pipe? I think that's it.

A proper windlass indeed. But not "self-tailing" if you have to stuff the rode
through the hawse pipe.

(If you follow these bleach suggestions, I wish you better luck than I had when
I learned the hard way not to use bleach on deck caulk. OTOH, may be OK if the
windlass is sitting on a FRP deck and the
caulk is just sealing against water getting underneath.)

Paul, I was assuming the cauld was just sealing against water, as Gould stated.
Chuck has a lot more experience with boats than I do, so do be careful with the
Clorox.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD