John H[_8_] John H[_8_] is offline

Default To Our Children's Children's Children, On the Threshold of a Nightmare

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:22:11 -0600, thunder wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:31:38 -0800, Frogwatch wrote:

Not content to
thumb their noses at their parents sacrifices, the boomers chose to
embrace immediate gratification via massive debt to fuel their every
whim. Now that the bill has come due, in true boomer fashion they are
now trying to pass the bill onto their great grandchildren via Obama’s
“Stimulus Plan” that will be paid by successive generations.

Up until Reagan, according to Dick Cheney, "proved deficits don't
matter", there were only two reasons for deficit spending, fighting a
war, and fighting a recession. There were 55,000 announced job cuts on
Monday alone. Frankly, I'm praying Obama's "Stimulus Plan" is enough.
This is already going to be a severe recession, without Obama's plan, it
could very well be a depression. Oh, and if something like the Great
Depression were to hit today, it would cost this country upwards of $20
trillion.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...nguage=printer

Obama's stimulus plan could go a long way, if he wasn't using it as a power
play. What percent of his plan is actually going to infrastructure, which
was the big selling point around here?
--
John H

Go here first... http://tinyurl.com/d3vxvm