Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default New mainsail question..

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
In article lutions,
"Capt. JG" wrote:

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
I carefully measured every side and the new mainsail looks beautiful. I
put new sliders on too. Trouble is, it hangs about 12" from the top of
the mast. My old one doesn't.

Even tho I have a bosuns chair I haven't gone up to investigate.

Any thoughts before I'm forced to go up there?

--
Molesworth

Are you're saying that the main doesn't go all the way to the top...
that's
there some left over at the boom when you raise the sail "all the way"
and
it's getting hung up on the way to the top? If so, then clearly something
is
interferring with the sliders.

Yes. And the old sail goes right to the top. The new one is slack at the
foot - so much so that it's useless!

There has to be something that affects the new one that doesn't occur
with the old one.

I haul myself up with the mailsail haul - so I can't have both!

I'll drop the jib and use that haul to have a look with the sail up as
far as it will go and see what the prob is - when it gets a bit warmer!

--
Molesworth

You could take a look with some binoculars... you might see something if you
raise the new sail while you look. It's amazing what one can see...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com