Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default New mainsail question..

"Peter Bennett" wrote in message
news.com...
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:25:42 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

Or, are you saying that everything looks fine from bottom to top, but it's
short by 12"? If so, then the main is the wrong size or the boom has
changed
heights. Is the gooseneck fixed?

Or the sailmaker allowed room for the sail to stretch with use. I
would expect that the old sail would have stretched somewhat, so the
new one would be a little smaller.

Is there a black band on mast near the head of the mast? If you race,
the sail must not go beyond that band, or you will be violating your
rating. (If you don't race, this is irrelevant.)

It would be nice if people actually took time to read a post with
understanding from time to time before they wasted everybody's time with
some stupid answer that has no bearing on the problem.

What don't you understand about this: "Trouble is, it hangs about 12" from
the top of
the mast. My old one doesn't." He obviously doesn't mean that the sail
hangs as in hanging from the halyard, he means it hangs as in stops going
up, gets stuck, binds, won't go no more, etc.

Considering this fact how does your post do anything but cause more
confusion? Or do you just like to talk for the sake of talking? Believe me,
you aren't the only one as evidenced by most of the other lame replies that
indicate a listening problem.

Wilbur Hubbard