Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default New mainsail question..

"Edgar" wrote in message

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

"mmc" wrote in message
g.com...

"Nigel Molesworth" wrote in message
I carefully measured every side and the new mainsail looks beautiful. I
put new sliders on too. Trouble is, it hangs about 12" from the top of
the mast. My old one doesn't.

Even tho I have a bosuns chair I haven't gone up to investigate.

Any thoughts before I'm forced to go up there?

--
Molesworth

If you haul it to the top and then set the downhaul, does it look ok?
More deck clearance.

Can you read? He said it lacks a foot from going all the way to the top.
It hangs on something. I'm thinking it's an external track with a screw
head (backed out) that's not allowing the new sliders to pass.

Wilbur Hubbard

He says that the old one does go to the top so he must have different
slides on the new one.
I presume they are plastic so a look at the difference between the old
slides and the new and than a bit of work with a file on just the top
couple of slides should fix it.

Good suggestion. That might save him that trip up the mast. But, if it's a
screw or screws backed out it might be a good idea to go up the mast and
check all the fasteners lest the track come adrift.

Wilbur Hubbard