posted to rec.boats.building
Two meter troll Two meter troll is offline

Default A case of identifying Osmosis

On Jan 26, 3:30 pm, Martin Petersen Martin.Petersen.
wrote:
Hi, i would really like your judgement on whether or not the spots on
the hull of this boat, reveals a case of osmosis?

I just bought this one, a Hurley 22 from 1971, despite a lack of
thorough knowledge on boats. I have talked to several knowledgeable and
helpful people, who states it to be in fairly good condition. From the
outside it certainly does not show any hints of osmosis, but then i
look at this picture and get nervous. I havent heard of cases in which
it could be identified from the inside despite looking healthy on the
outside, but i cant help thinking that the spots on the very left of
this photo kind of looks like osmosis.

What do you think?

Best regards, Martin

|Filename: Komprimeret osmose.JPG |
|Download:http://www.boatbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6962|

Martin Petersen

looks to me like you got a boat that had a lot of water in the bilges.
kinda looks like oil and rust spots.
none of what i see looks like weeping hull.