Glenn Ashmore

Default Which lines for the electric winch?

Can you give me some comarisons between the UK Lazy Cradle and the Doyle
StackPak? I am going to have to use some sort of easy main stowing
system. I have been considering the Doyle system but am open to
suggestions.

Bryan B wrote:
With the size of the boat you are building I would recomend an electric
winch for the main halyard and the outhaul of your reefs fed to this same
winch.

When reefing, you will want to quickly tensions this ouboard end and the
electric winch will help.

I assume you will be using a batt car system and full battens for your main
and this is heavy. Your main will probably weight 100 to 130 pounds and it
will get heavy pulling the thing up.

As an aside, we installed a lazy cradle from UK this year and it has made an
unmanagable main into one that my wife and I easily use for day sailing. We
do have and electric winch for that halyard.

Good luck

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message

If your budget restricted you to a single powered winch, which lines
would you use it on?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com