just me

Default fischer panda problems

I purchased and installed a new FP 4.2 this summer. Now has about 40 hours
with no problems.
However these failure notices are scaring the hell out of me. The FP is the
only unit that would fit in the locker.
How many hours on yours before this failure? How old is the unit? I would
like to know what you find out about the cause.
Kindly keep in touch. Thanks, Jay

"Rick & Linda Bernard" wrote in message
Well I guess I survived long enough without Fischer Panda Genset problems.
My 4.2 won't crank at all. I release the compression and tried the handle
without luck. It seems to be frozen. Any suggestions from the group???

PS - I saw a Northern Lights on sale....

"Geoffrey W. Schultz" wrote in message
.77...
I own a Fischer Panda 4.2 KW generator...it's now on a skid in Ft.
Lauderdale after having to replace it due to it being completely
unreliable. I have suffered water intrusion several times and the

engine
has been back to the factory multiple times.

Fischer Panda even had their lead engineer come out and inspect the
installation and they didn't find any problems (other than very minor
things like missing tie wraps). They continue to harp on "over

cranking",
which is something that I've never done as the engine has always started
right away.

I would be very interested in hearing the details of the water intrusion
problem. I'm afraid that you're going to find out that this is an

indemic
problem with their generators. At least the smaller ones.

-- Geoff Schultz

(TORMAC53) wrote in
:

I have just been told of several Panda generators that have had a
problem with water in the windings and one at least one where water
got into the engine with only 32 hours on it. The factory seems to be
repairing some of these but not others. Other then slamming the brand
or the technology, does anyone have any knowledge of this problem and
what may be the cure?