Jim Willemin Jim Willemin is offline

Default cruising from toronto to montreal.......

"~^ beancounter ~^" wrote in news:c22837e9-d57f-
:

anyone ever sailed/crused from toronto, up the st lawarence to
brockville to montreal to quebec past anticosti island?......whats it
like? how was the weather, ice, etc?.......lost of diesel along the
way?....thanx......

Um... you *are* going to wait till May, right? At the moment, I expect it
is a delightful frozen hellscape, and all the marinas are closed up tight.
Besides, the ice fishermen might get miffed. Anyhow, never done it, but
the Thousand Islands are pretty, and there are lots of marinas on the US
side (Alex Bay, Ogdensburg, Massena are the good-sized towns, lots of
little ones between). Should be a real nice trip - winds are usually
westerly - I'd wait till May for the weather, unless you like the chance of
frost in the morning and the odd late snowstorm.