R3ALLY NEWBIE

Default Trailer/wheel question - How Spring works? (photos included)

Paul has a good point in previous posting. Since that's metal to metal
contact, do you think adding grease is necessary?

"basskisser" wrote in message
m...
"No Spam" wrote in message

able.rogers.com...
Would someone tell me how the spring being installed on my trailer? As

you
can see in the photos I took, the spring actually is not fastern by the
screw, non does it being held by any metal. How does it Unless it has

been
welded to the frame?? How does it work?

http://members.rogers.com/londonboy/...g/P0002886.jpg
http://members.rogers.com/londonboy/...g/P0002889.jpg
http://members.rogers.com/londonboy/...g/P0002888.jpg

N.S.

That is commonly called a slip spring, and is not welded to the frame.
The other end of the spring should be restrained, usually with an eye
in the spring with a bolt through it. The spring, when weight is
applied, simply pushes on the frame of the trailer. The bolt simply
keeps it in the shackle to keep it from twisting.