EJBleendreeble

Default Bayliner 3288

(Stu and Marilyn Wright) wrote in message ...
Looking for info regarding quality of the Bayliner 3288 with the Hino
diesels.
TIA

Stu:

I think it might help if you said a little more about why you're
asking this question. You've posted before on the subject of
Bayliners and you indicated there that you knew something about them.

Contributors to this NG can be extremely funny at the expense of
Bayliners -- as far as I can tell it's for the somewhat inadequate
reason that Bayliners are of a lower quality than other boats of the
same size costing a great deal more, which really has more to do with
Economics 101 than boating. I guess you get what you pay for.
Whether what you get is enough for you is something only you can
decide.

However, the thing you seem to be concerned about is the Hino diesels.
I'd be concerned too. My approach to the "how much boat can you get
for the money?" has been to buy old rather than lower-quality, and you
can see the results if you wish at
http://www.casualsailor.com/ThisOldMotorYacht.shtml . We talk about
diesels there at some length.

Hope this helps.