Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Dumb Q : Barnacle Scraper

mmc wrote:
"Brian Whatcott" wrote in message
My kid, home for Christmas, had me weld up a barnacle scraper.
A long wood handle with a sharp steel blade. Does this seem like a
good idea to you? If not, how? and with what?

Thanks for clueing me in.

Brian W

I use both one of these things that looks like a hoe thats been straightened
and a 7 in 1 tool (fancy name for paint scraper from Lowes and HD). The hoe
thing lets me get some momentum on the swings because of it's lenght and
because of the wood handle is easy(er) to find when I drop it. It stands up
with the scraper end on the bottom. The 7 in 1 tool (with parachute cord
lanyard) is handy for the running gear and light stuff.

I asked him later how it went. He was very pleased with the improvement.
Yess, there was some scraping of the surface, and yes, he still needs a
haul out for a bottom coat, but he was happy how much better the boat
looks now.

Thanks

Brian W