Famous Amos Moses®

Default Clogged Cockpit Drains

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:58:29 -0400, Joe Wood
wrote:

One of my cockpit drains is running very slow from being clogged with
leaves, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I've tried wrapping the dock hose in tape to form a tight seal and
blowing it out with water pressure to no avail.

I'm loath to run any kind of snake down there because it's just hose and
there's a seacock below as well. BTW the hose is 4'-6' long with at
lease two 90 degree bends. Not a good design and way too small if I get
pooped.

Would Peggy's beloved Raritan CP safely dissolve this stuff.

My vote is for a shopvac. The lift on the cockpit drain is a coupla
feet. You should be able to suck the ocean dry.....even with leaves
plugging the hose.