Bob Bob is offline

Default Ratlines (rat linz)

On Jan 25, 11:01*am, "KLC Lewis" wrote:

Doug Fir is prone to rot and termites.

Humm, I guess the dragger my step dad fished for decades was an
anomaly. It was planked in Doug Fir as was every other NW work
boat.... By the way, that boat was built in 1912 in Coos Bay, OR Last
I heard it was crabing somplace in Northern CA. Doug Fir is great for
planking So is Monterey Cyprus although a bit light for commercial
boats.. I have a scraggly old one growing in my from yard.

Prone to rot??? hog wash...................... I guess they just dont
grow trees they way they use to.

Bob