MLapla4120

Default Any opinions out there on the Volvo MD11C?

I have a spare engine that is disassembled (MD11C) that is ten years
younger than my current MD2B volvo. My current engine is limping along
and I want to reassemble and install the MD11C.
Mechanics estimates to do the work are exceedingly high and with about
$2500 more, I could have a new Yanmar.
Do you have any suggestions on how I could get this engine together and
installed cheaply? I'm willing to do the scutwork but don't have a place or
tools currently. By the way, mounts are practically the same.