[email protected] slammer_2@hotmail.com is offline

Default Pleasant visit

On Jan 24, 4:00*pm, Tim wrote:
On Jan 24, 2:23*pm, "Don White" wrote:

Wife & I went to see mom this afternoon at her nursing home. They had a 5
piece band in for an afternoon concert so we took mom down to the open area
on the 1st floor to enjoy the music.
What a surprise...I figured they'd have music from JohnnyHs era...1930/40
but it turned out to be mostly 50/60s music with a gospel tune, some Hank
Williams (with electric mandolin) Harry Belafonte, some Cape Breton and
Newfoundland music...even a song in Gaelic.
A bit unnerving to hear our generations music being played to entertain
seniors in a nursing home. *Can our time be far off?

That's what i do about once a month. Some pickers including myself go
to a large professional home here and do an hours worth of usually
"old school " country tunes. stuff like Patsy Cline, Hank, Little
Jimmy Dickens, Red Foley,Jack Rivers, etc.

Lots of fun, and evidently they like us, because they keep inviting us
back. *Been doing this for about 3 years now.

Sounds like our German Kaffeklattsche (sp) Laid back and mellow.