Tim Tim is offline

Default Pleasant visit

On Jan 24, 2:23*pm, "Don White" wrote:
Wife & I went to see mom this afternoon at her nursing home. They had a 5
piece band in for an afternoon concert so we took mom down to the open area
on the 1st floor to enjoy the music.
What a surprise...I figured they'd have music from JohnnyHs era...1930/40
but it turned out to be mostly 50/60s music with a gospel tune, some Hank
Williams (with electric mandolin) Harry Belafonte, some Cape Breton and
Newfoundland music...even a song in Gaelic.
A bit unnerving to hear our generations music being played to entertain
seniors in a nursing home. *Can our time be far off?

That's what i do about once a month. Some pickers including myself go
to a large professional home here and do an hours worth of usually
"old school " country tunes. stuff like Patsy Cline, Hank, Little
Jimmy Dickens, Red Foley,Jack Rivers, etc.

Lots of fun, and evidently they like us, because they keep inviting us
back. Been doing this for about 3 years now.