John H[_8_] John H[_8_] is offline

Default Pleasant visit

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:23:23 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

Wife & I went to see mom this afternoon at her nursing home. They had a 5
piece band in for an afternoon concert so we took mom down to the open area
on the 1st floor to enjoy the music.
What a surprise...I figured they'd have music from JohnnyHs era...1930/40
but it turned out to be mostly 50/60s music with a gospel tune, some Hank
Williams (with electric mandolin) Harry Belafonte, some Cape Breton and
Newfoundland music...even a song in Gaelic.
A bit unnerving to hear our generations music being played to entertain
seniors in a nursing home. Can our time be far off?

I hope your mom had a good time and that she's in good health. I figure my
time is about another 25 years off, but 'far' is relative.

Take up golf, or some other exercise. It'll postpone your 'time'.
--
John H

* They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.*