Vito

Default Be careful out there

"Rosalie B." wrote:

Incidentally - there was a letter in USAA news where a guy said that a
ship is not properly referred to as at the dock unless it is in dry
dock - that it is moored. Do you guys agree with that? (I think I'm
up to date on the difference between a ship and a boat, but I never
heard of that one.)

That's correct. Four decades ago, Navy ships in Norfolk were "moored" at
a "pier" as in "Go check out the Fletcher's radar, she's moored at the
D&S Pier"; but then "gay" meant happy, an "issue" was something we
disagreed on, not necessarily a problem, and editors had degrees in
English.