Default Diesel outboard?

Here are a couple of links:
BC www.landseapower.com/diesel.htm

At one time I seem to remember www.brownmarine.com
sold them, but not sure if they still do.

Try a google search on news, you willfind people who have purchased
these.

-al-

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:23:52 -0400, Rodney Myrvaagnes
wrote:

On 27 Aug 2003 14:57:09 -0700, (Bob) wrote:

Has anyone had experience with the diesel outboard motors? Yanmar
makes one as well as a couple of less well known companies. After
failing to find an affordable Prout we are looking at a couple of gas
outboard powered catamarans. We worry about the explosion factor of a
lot of gas aboard. Are we correct in thinking that diesel would
provide less chance of explosion?

You are correct. But, lots of boats have survived for many years with
gasoline engines. If you take reasonable care you can manage.

The Yanmar outboard has an aluminum block designed just for the
outboard. It is not a 3GM turned on end. I have never seen one. I
think they are mainly used by fishermen in Asia., but only because I
have read that.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Was George B. Selden the true Inventor of the submarine patent?