matt colie

Default Diesel outboard?

Bob,

If you were to get diesel outboards, you would have to worry about
sinking. As a ship's engineer by trade, I was fanscinated by the
possiblity. That was until I found out that the lightest is about 100kg.

If you take care of the hardware and keep it in an open area, there is
little risk with gasoline.

By the by - do not put a real @ddress on the usenet. The spambots will
grab it and feed on you forever.

Matt Colie A.Sloop "Bonne Ide'e" S2-7.9 #1
Lifelong Waterman, Licensed Mariner and Congenital Sailor

Bob wrote:
Has anyone had experience with the diesel outboard motors? Yanmar
makes one as well as a couple of less well known companies. After
failing to find an affordable Prout we are looking at a couple of gas
outboard powered catamarans. We worry about the explosion factor of a
lot of gas aboard. Are we correct in thinking that diesel would
provide less chance of explosion?