JAD

Default Nice navstation install, Larry

I like the flush install....looks like everything will remain easily
accessable from the top, too.

How do you like the new Icom 802 from an operation standpoint? The VFOs
gotta be the biggest improvement (I have a 702.) How about rapid channel
access, the usability of the "pre-programmed" ITU channel banks and their
content????? I set up another 702 on my friend's ketch in New Zealand that
came with the Icom dealers standard "South Pacific" programming....and it
was nearly useless as it came. What a PIA trying to squeeze all of "the
good stuff" into the user channels from the panel..... How is the SOUND
QUALITY from the 802 speaker? (The 702s is phenominal compared to most
internal speakers in amateur gear!)

I REALLY hope you sent your rant on those connectors to ICOM....they need
some feedback on this. Marine electronics guys and RADIO MEN are very often
different animals.........they should have gotten this right in the first
place.

Joe