Lee Huddleston

Default Oriental - Beaufort NC Overwintering

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:51:51 -0400, David Lomas
wrote:

Hi All:

Looking for advice re over-wintering in the Orietal - Beaufort area.

Would prefer anchorage(s) ut will consider in-expensive live-aboard Marina
( if there is such a thing ).

TIA

David Lomas,
SV Kara I (Cabot 36)

David,

Check out Sea Gate Marina. It is on the ICW about 7 miles north of
Beaufort, NC. About 7-10 miles south of Oriental. Around $5.00 per
foot per month. Best hurricane hole on the east coast. All
amenities. Nice folks. Manager is Pete Gangl. Phone is (252)
728-4126. Tell them Lee Huddleston, s/v Truelove sent you. My boat is
there and I have been very pleased with the place.

Another option is Bock Marine, a DIY boatyard that lets people live
aboard while working on their boats. It is about a mile south of Sea
Gate Marina on the ICW. Very friendly and helpful folks.
Manager/owner is Kenny Bock. Phone is (252) 728-6855. Sorry, I don't
know what they charge, but last time I hauled out and stayed there it
was very reasonable.

Lee Huddleston