Don Radcliffe

Default Icom 402 radio woes..or is it my antenna system?

Add me to the list of ICOM 402 users with the same mike problem...main
mike is weak/distorted, but command mike works fine. I've asked ICOM
USA about it, and will share their response.

(Kevin) wrote in message . com...
I have the exact same problem! Excellent transmit volume on the
Command Mic, very quiet on the main unit. Excellent transmit distance
on both units. Receive works very well on both as well....Didn't
discover problem until down in Bahamas, now I doubt they'll replace
the main unit a year and half later.

"J. Slater" wrote in message ...
Ok. I'm on my 3rd new Icom 402 VHF radio. The first one was exchanged for
extremely poor microphone performance when transmitting with the main unit
mic (as opposed to the Command Mic). You would have to YELL nearly at the
top of your lungs in order for the volume output picked up by all sorts of
VHF's, fixed mounts and handhelds, at all different distances and power
outputs, BUT with the optional command mic, you could talk in a normal tone
and volume and there was no problem!