Default Towing with the Nissan

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

3) Got three names you'd would've liked to see offered for Secretary of
State? How about the Defense Department, in case Gates doesn't stick
around?

I am hardly qualified to know or suggest. However, my instinct would be
to look beyond current office holding politicians with baggage and favors
owed.

How was Henry Kissinger "discovered"? He didn't hold any previous
appointed or elected office that I know of and is (arguably) considered to
be one of the best Secretary of State office holders (for his time in
history).

From what I read, Gates is honest and is his own man. Keep him.

Eisboch

Kissinger remained at Harvard as a member of the faculty in the Department
of Government and at the Center for International Affairs. He became
Associate Director of the latter in 1957. In 1955, he was a consultant to
the National Security Council's Operations Coordinating Board.[4] During
1955 and 1956, he was also Study Director in Nuclear Weapons and Foreign
Policy at the Council on Foreign Relations. He released his Nuclear Weapons
and Foreign Policy the following year.[5] From 1956 to 1958 he worked for
the Rockefeller Brothers Fund as director of its Special Studies Project.[4]
He was Director of the Harvard Defense Studies Program between 1958 and
1971. He was also Director of the Harvard International Seminar between 1951
and 1971. Outside of academia, he served as a consultant to several
government agencies, including the Operations Research Office, the Arms
Control and Disarmament Agency, and the Department of State, and the Rand
Corporation, a think-tank.[4]

Keen to have a greater influence on US foreign policy, Kissinger became a
supporter of, and advisor to, Nelson Rockefeller, Governor of New York, who
sought the Republican nomination for President in 1960, 1964 and 1968. After
Richard Nixon won the presidency in 1968, he made Kissinger National
Security Advisor.