Wizard of Woodstock Wizard of Woodstock is offline

Default Towing with the Nissan

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:40:09 -0800 (PST), Frogwatch
wrote:

My new Nissan Frontier supposedly has a 6600 lb towing capacity.
However, it seems to take a while to accelerate when towing my Tolman
(with trailer prob weighs less than 2500 lbs). The old Dodge
Ramcharger towed it effortlessly (318 cu in engine). I dont have
enough experience with towing to evaluate this.

First of all, you probably have the V6 which is two cylinder less than
the 318. Secondly, the gearing is most likely considerably higher
than it was in your Dodge Ram.

Two and two equals four - it won't tow as well.

--

Time flies when you are sick and psychotic.