John H[_8_] John H[_8_] is offline

Default How to treat a visitor

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:22:58 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 00:33:18 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
On Jan 20, 12:02 pm, "Don White" wrote:
After reading all the crap here about killing or chasing off a protected
species....here's a good news story about a visitor who made a wrong
turn
and landed here by mistake.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...are-goose.html

That's neat Don.

What will be the outcome of the thing? wildlife refuge of some sort,
or let it figure life out on it's own?

Sounds like 'Sink or Swim' time. That little Horseshoe Island is tiny
and
exposed. We have a goose or two in the Public gardens downtown but they'd
have to cut his feathers so he couldn't fly.

Well, here's the telling part of the story.

"Presumably, it followed a flock of Canada geese, which have begun to
nest in Greenland in recent years, instead of associating with its
own," McLaren said."

Damn Canadian Geese are everywhere.

It's time to thin them out - shoot 'em out of the sky - kill 'em all.

Damn geese.

I blame Canada.

They're no problem up here. It's all in how you treat them.
Show 'em some love & they won't **** all over you!

Be nice, hold hands, sing a little Kumbaya, and they're no threat, right?
--
John H

*A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing. *