Mark Browne

Default Electric Grounding - steel hull

"CCred68046" wrote in message
The only area where it may be difficult to separate the ground from the
frame is the spark plugs. Even this is not an insurmountable problem; it

is
possible to make a spark plug with two electrodes.

I can agree with your post, I understand the high voltage motors and
generators. The spark plug scenerio would require 2 wires to each plug

and the
plugs would have to be insulated from the block and I can say I've ever

seen
that... Is that the way they are? Now I'm real interested

Yes, there are two wires running to the plugs on some turbines.

I spend considerable time lurking in aircraft hangars. You see all sorts of
odd things done on aircraft systems.

The starting spark on a turbine engine has considerably higher power than a
standard gas engine - It has enough oomph that you can hear the snap of the
spark over the whine of the compressor when it starts up. It has to have
"lot 'o zots" to fire kerosene at the high air velocities in a turbine
engine.

Mark Browne